Has your Border Collie just given birth? If so, it’s time to think of a name for your new litter. Read on for unique names for Border Collies.
Need some help coming up with the perfect name for your Border Collie? We have some naming tips and suggestions to help you. Our suggestions are not only meant to give you ideas on what to name your Collie, but also come up with a good and fitting name.
Unique Names for Border Collies
When looking for a suitable name for your new Collie puppy, pick something memorable and short. However, some people find it fun to name their puppies some hard-to-pronounce and extravagant names, which is not such a good idea.
Since you will probably have to call your dog out when in public, don’t be surprised when people give you strange looks for repeatedly shouting “Eleizabella Frenkenburger” while running after your dog! Also, make sure your dog’s name is either 1 or 2 syllables long. This is because you’ll probably have to shorten a long name so that it becomes easy to call your dog.
Unique Male Border Collie Names
The following are some suitable names for a male Border Collies:
- Archie, Ashley, Ace, Angus, Ashley, Atrayu, Azel
- Buddy, Boots, Bobo, Bo, Benji, Ben, Bonnie, Blaz, Blaze, Bressie, Brock
- Colt, Cody, Chip, Chief, Captain,
- Dusty, Duke, Dash
- Felix, Finn
- Gus, Gumby, Goober
- Hawk, Hunter, Hunts
- Joker, Jax, Jack, Jasper, Jessa-Bear, Jesta
- Kobe, King, Kid, Killian, Kier
- Lucky, Leo, Lance, Landon
- Monty, Milo, Mac, Macc
- Oscar, Ollie
- Prince, Pepper, Paws, Pavel, Peppy, Pappy, Phazer
- Rusty, Ruff, River, Riley, Ranger, Rhyley, Rhy
- Sam, Sean, Sebastian, Shaka, Skipper
- Tug, Trip, Toby, Tiger, Tank, Taz, Trysten
- Wolf, Warrior
- Zues, Zack
Unique Female Border Collie Names
If you have an adorable female pup, the following are some great name suggestions:
- Annie, Angel, Allie, Abby. Athena
- Brook, Blondie, Blair, Beth, Bristol
- Cookie, Clair, Chloe, Cassie, Casey, Candy, Callie, Codi
- Destiny, Dawn, Daisy
- Etsy, Ellie, Echo
- Fofo, Foxy, Feather
- Glory, Ginger, Gabby, Gracie, Gypsi
- Hope, Holly, Heidi, Hanna, Honey
- Izzy, Iris
- Julie, Josie, Jewel, Jenny, Jade, Jessica, Jessie Jess
- Krissy, Kayla, Kate, Katie, Kelly, Kia
- Lucy, Lilly, Lee, Leah, Lady, Lacy
- Muffin, Molly, Missy, Misty, Marie, Maggie, Mandy, Macy, Mia, Mercy, Merzy
- Nikki, Nana
- Polly, Penny, Patches, Poppy
- Rose, Raven, Rain, Ryder, Roxie, Robyn, Roxie
- Sunny, Sophie, Skye, Shelby, Shadow, Sasha, Sandy, Sadie, Sally
- Twinkle, Terry, Tasha, Tammy
Unisex Border Collie Names
If you don’t want to conform to gender specific names, here are some unisex Border Collie names you can go for:
- Ace, Ava
- Bonnie, Bobo , Beauty, Bracken, Bobik, Broc, Baily
- Cody, Candice, Coco, Cassie
- Damian, Dudette, Dude, Dashkins, Daisy
- Ellie, Eithel, Eric, Echo
- Florence ,Flashdance, Fidgit, Fudge, Flynn, Flash
- Georgie, Grinny, Gogo, Glen
- Holly, Happy Hippy, Hoho, Hiphop, Helix
- Imogen, Illy, Iris
- Jan, Jess, Jackjack, Jojo, Jellybeans, Jahmene, Jaffa
- Kayley, Kathy, Kitkat, Killian, Kokie
- Lulu, Lixy, Lyla, Liam,
- Midgit, Molly Momo, Midgitgem, Miffy, Mac, Mist, Molly, Mersey
- Nya, Nile, Neyo, Neon, Nasher, Nippy
- Shepard, Sonny, Splash, Starlight, Speed, Speedy, Scout
- Tango, Tobby, Ted
Traditional Border Collie Names
Border Collies are a popular breed known for their intelligence, agility, and herding abilities. Traditional Border Collie names often reflect their working nature and loyal disposition. The names include:
- Aiden, Angus
- Blue, Bonnie, Bran
- Darcy, Dewey
- Finn, Fly
- Shep, Skye
Names Based on Physical Appearance
Border Collies are a distinctive breed with a unique appearance. Their striking coat patterns and colors often inspire names that reflect their physical attributes.
- Sable, Shadow, Smoky, Storm
Names Based on Personality and Traits
Border Collies are known for their high energy, trainability, and intelligence. Names that reflect their personality and traits often highlight their unique character and temperament.
- Ace, Arrow
- Bandit, Bolt
Names Based on Herding and Farming
Border Collies have a long history of working with livestock, and their herding abilities are legendary. Names based on herding and farming reflect the breed’s roots and working heritage.
- Farmer, Fleece
- Shepherd, Stock
Funny Collie Names
Collies are intelligent and loyal dogs that can also have a playful and goofy side. Funny Collie names often reflect their humorous nature and provide a lighthearted touch to their personalities. The names include:
- Biscuit, Boop, Boots
- Gizmo, Goober
- Jellybean, Jolly
Names Based on Famous People
Naming your Collie after a famous person can be a fun and creative way to give your dog a unique moniker. These names are often inspired by celebrities, historical figures, or pop culture icons.
- Einstein, Elton
Names Based on Food
Many people love to name their pets after their favorite food, and Collies are no exception. Food-inspired names for Collies can be cute, funny, and creative.
- Bagel, Bacon, Brownie
- Cinnamon, Cookie
Names Based on Pop Culture
Collies have been featured in movies, TV shows, and books, making them a popular choice for pop culture-inspired names. These names can be inspired by characters or actors, or even references to famous scenes or quotes.
- Leia, Loki
With the above name suggestions, you can now give your Border Collie a suitable name that is also easy to pronounce. And if you need further inspiration, check our list of Border Collie catchy names. There are even one-syllable names for border collies.
Remember to call your Collie using their name so that they can familiarize themselves and also be able to answer to your call whenever you need their attention.